Sunday, May 15, 2011

Emancipation Anniversary Celebration!

Can you believe it's been 2 years since I made my big move!? I can't believe it either! Not gonna lie the 2nd year was harder than the 1st. I think I felt it more this 2nd year all the lasting effects it's had on my life....for good & for bad. We won't even get into the bad but 2 of the best things that have happened in this last year are #1 I have been doing some work at the Domestic Violence center here in town & I love it! Which has lead to #2 I decided to go back to school & get a degree in Social Work! Crazy right!? For as hard as it was, had I not gone through what I did I don't think I ever would have gone in this direction so for that I'm grateful. I need for something good to come out of this for me & I think I finally found that something!

I didn't think I could top last year's celebration of running my 5K & then going down to Salt Lake & eating at the cheesecake factory! Please! So i didn't try! This year I got my group together & we had a BBQ. The 1st BBQ of the season! It was great! My dear, Sweet roommate Chalise planned the whole thing. She is so amazing!! For some reason she kept the location a secret from me & no one was allowed to tell me where the BBQ was at. Mostly she did this cuz she knew it would drive me nuts not knowing what was going on. true story-it did!! Matt had just moved to a new little house & he graciously let us have my celebration there. I was so excited to eat my 1st hot dogs of the summer!

Chalise & Matt gettin ready to man the grill



mmmmm burgers & hot dogs! We decided to name Chalise Mrs Lowry after she dumped almost an entire thing of season salt on those burgers!



And even Dain took me for a ride on his motorbike! You know I'm not a daredevil in any respect but I do love a nice motorbike ride!




Sometimes I think of these friends I've made since I moved & I think "what if I had never met you?" If I hadn't made that choice to move I never would have. 2 years ago I made a choice & it was the hardest thing I've ever done in life & they have helped to make that choice worth it!

Me & Matt


Me & Chalise


Anne Kelly


Matt & Chalise


Dain & Chris


Me & Megan


Uhhhh why are there no pictures of Joelyn?!?! She's super important to me!

So here's to another year down. My goal for next year is to not feel the need to observe it!

No comments: