Friday, June 11, 2010

Book Report

I finished my 2nd book of the year! well i finished it a couple weeks ago but just haven't had a chance to report back. Dust And Shadow: An Account of the Ripper Killings by Dr. R H Watson....basically it's a Sherlock Holmes take on Jack The Ripper. It was a good book but I was hoping it'd be a little more gruesome! I had started 2 books before that which I got part way through & then took back. One called The Black Dahlia which could have been good but it got filthy & I'll have none of that! The I started The Glass Lake (a recommendation from my sister Kristy) but it didn't hold my attention so it got dumped. After Dust & Shadow I started reading The Glass Castle (another recommendation from Kristy) and I was really liking it but then it was due back at the libary & since there was a line a mile long waiting to check this book out I had to turn it back in. I re-reserved it but I'm like 9th in line! Good grief people it's just a book! I'm not sure what I'm gonna do in the meantime. Should I just read another book while I wait? But what if I get all confused with all the books I've got going on?! My life is rough!

I've also listened to several books on CD. Peter Pan , Alice In Wonderland, & The Looking Glass Wars. Peter Pan is fine & all but by the end I was sick of Peter & his antics. still it's magical! Let's talk about Alice In Wonderland for a minute here...that book is straight up indulgent nonsense! It's really about nothing! Why am I so in love with the Disney version?! These are the mysteries of life! Looking Glass Wars is good but it's a little too literal but still magical & entertaining. Right now I'm listening to Gone With The Wind. Don't worry that it's 41 discs! That'll keep me occupied for awhile.

I'll report back on my next book! 2 & 1/2 down...1 1/2 to go!!!

Any recommendations on what I should read next!?

No comments: