Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Joelyn's Chinese New Year Birthday Celebration!

So Joelyn's birthday was earlier this month & since she was headed for Hong Kong a couple weeks later & since it was also Chinese new year I decided to do an Oriental themed dinner for her. I love Joelyn cuz she lets me throw fabulous dinner parties for her! This turned out to be one of my favorites that I ever put on.

I created a fabulous menu of delicious Chinese food that I made all by myself!

Chinese noodles


Egg rolls & crab rangoon (super delicious & look how great they look. very professional)


And Orange Chicken which I had never made in my life but not to be all whatever..I totally rocked it!!


I decided that we should use little take out boxes instead of plates & it looked really great on the table & I think everyone enjoyed it. Also for Chinese New Year you're supposed to give your guests "lucky money" in red envelopes so I made these cute little envelopes on my Cricut & got fake money from the dollar store & set them at each place setting as a little party favor. So cute!



the table


looks like a Chinese Restaurant!




And of course we had fabulous guests! It's how we roll!

Nellie, Dain & Kaylin



Chalise & Matty


TJ & Joelyn


seriously one of my favorite dinner parties ever. Happy Birthday Joelyn!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

So fun! You should plan more events like this--you're so good at it!

brasilmike said...

This is what I am saying!! Were the tables sticky like a chinese restaurant?