Friday, May 7, 2010

Beauty & The Beast

So my friend Chalise is a high school drama teacher & this year for their spring musical they did Beauty & The Beast. Magical right?! I know! well it was quite an undertaking & I thought by the end we’d find Chalise sitting in the corner rocking back & forth & chewing on her hair or something! That girl was STRESSED! So Joelyn & I got recruited/volunteered to do some painting on the set. Truth be told I rather enjoy painting so it was no big deal to paint the sets. 1st of all I don’t own any grubby, scrubby painting clothes-why am I so prissy & how did I get this way?!

Here’s me & Joelyn at the top of set. Prolly Chalise wished we would get to work instead of having a photo session with ourselves!




Also dear Ken made this AMAZING book for the opening scene of the show. It was massive! And even when you opened it & turned the page it totally looked like a page in a real book was being turned. I was mesmerized by it! So we had to paint that too & it was so big that I had to get up on a ladder to get the top of it.







The set was so fantastic when it was all done






And Ken's book turned out even more fantastic!











And Chalise in all her glory on stage!



Well done Rigby High School!!

1 comment:

Jordyn Parry said...

I am so sad I missed it! The set looks totally amazing, good work!!