Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Just Another Manic Monday!!!!

This one time (yesterday) I woke up with what I thought was the strep AGAIN!!! already I’m agitated cuz I can not deal with that crap again!!! Not to mention that the last time I had it they had talked about maybe needing to get my tonsils taken out if I keep getting it like that. Ummm no thanks I’m good! I try looking at my throat in the mirror with a flashlight but it’s so swollen I can barely open my mouth and every time I swallowed I wanted to die!! On top of that I was having some difficulty breathing. Just walking across the room totally made me winded-please I’m not that out of shape!!! So I soldiered on and went to work and everyone could tell I was not feeling well. Steer clear folks!!! So at 11:00 I went over to my doctor’s office to get checked out thinking they’d shove some antibiotics down my throat and send me on my way. WRONG!!! the Physician’s assistant checks me out and has the nurse do a swab for strep-which I had never had before cuz it’s always been so bad they could just look at me and know I had the strep. I could do without having another one of those throat swabs!! Totally almost hurled!! So that comes back negative. The PA has the doctor come in and look at me and he decides that prolly I have an infection or something in my tonsils and that I need to go get a CT scan to check things out. And then I hear some nonsensical talk about maybe having to put a needle in my throat to drain out the infection. Ummmmm yeah that can NOT happen!! so they send me on my way to go get a CT scan. I get over to the place and have to put these wretched scrubs on-I was lookin hot I’m sure!! they get everything situated-which took forever-and get me in the CT machine, start my IV, and tell me what’s gonna be going down. they have to inject you with Iodine for the scan and the nurse said it feels really warm going in blah blah blah but that’s normal. She said if I start feeling sick or itchy or can’t breathe or anything to let them know right away cuz that means I’m prolly allergic to the iodine. Yeah turns out I am!!! They inject it all in me and as soon as she finished I could not breathe!!! Panic!!!! They pull me out of the machine and sit me up and the doctor runs over and they give me something to counteract that and then I thought I was going to hurl!!! And even better I broke out in some hives on my face and neck-now if that’s not hot I don’t know what is!!!! I’m of course panicking cuz I can’t breath and think I’m going to hurl which I’m sure would have felt great with my sore throat!! And then at 1st they said they didn’t get the scan done in time before I wigged out so then I felt bad for some reason and kept apologizing-like it’s my fault!! Please!!! after they get me situated I start getting really tired from the meds they gave me-great!! so they made me lay in there for a bit and then said they needed to keep me there for another hour so they could watch me. so they move me to another room and just laid there kinda dozing in and out. I had to call Jenny to come pick me up cuz they wouldn’t let me drive. Good grief!! so after that I had to head back over to the doc’s office to figure out what they wanna do with me. at this point I’m thinking “there better be something really wrong with me after all this!!!” they decided to leave my IV port in just in case the doc wanted to give my IV antibiotics so there I am wandering around town with an IV shoved in my arm!!! I get back over to the doc’s office and the PA has yet ANOTHER doc come in and look at my throat but since it’s so swollen and hurts like nobody’s business he decides that we should numb the back of my throat so he can look at it better without me wanting to junk punch him!! so they lay me down and spray this stuff in the back of my throat and it was DISGUSTING!!!! I shot straight up and again almost blew chunks!! So nast!! He looks at my throat again and then it turns out that they were able to get my scan done before I wigged out so in the end I had an abscess on my tonsil which had caused this big infection and that left un treated would either cause my throat to close up (which it was on its way to doing anyway) or could even travel up into my brain. Good grief!!! so they give me these massive antibiotic pills to take and a steroid shot-right above my butt nevermind and it hurts like nobody’s business and still does! Oh and right before I left I’m all “oh did you guys wanna take out this IV I’ve been carrying around!?!” don’t worry that it’s totally bruised now. I finally got to go home close to 5:00-I was spent!! What a day right?!?!

So there’s my story!!!!! How were all of your days!?!?!?

1 comment:

Kristy said...

That was the craziest thing I've read in a long time.