Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Times Are Tough!!!!

Well folks the unthinkable has happened.....you'll never guess what I've done....wait for it....wait for it.....I downgraded my cable & got rid if my DVR!!! WHAT?!?!?! I know you're thinking to yourself "What in the HELL is going on?!?!" Believe me I thought the same thing myself as I went & turned my DVR box back into the cable company. They all but had to rip it from my cold, dead kung-foo grip!!! Here's the deal: when I move to my new place I can have my DISH back again which is infinitely cheaper that crappy Cableone (they can suck it!) & I didn't want to pay for a whole month for the crapping expensive cable & frankly times are tough & something needed to give! So I turn in the DVR box & the next day as I was perusing through the channels I noticed a couple things: #1 the remote I'm having to use now on the living room TV is so small & insignificant compared to the remote I was using before. I feel like I'm in the stone ages or something!! #2 I didn't really see a change in the channel line up now that I had downgraded. I can live with this through the summer & save myself some monies!! Don't worry that Monday when I went to watch some shows I had like next to no channels!! What's the meaning of this!?!? Turns out they hadn't downgraded it yet & being without DVR was all I had endured over the weekend! Rude Cableone RUDE!!! They were just toying with my emotions!! So in real life i only have the basic local channels BUT i also have E! & Bravo which is really all I need to get me through the summer!! Thank goodness!! I am missing my DVR something fierce tho! How do people live like this!?! Now i have to wait for a commercial if I need to get up & use the bathroom or something!! That's uncivilized!! And to add to that mess I no longer have the guide to look at to see what's on & what each episode is about. I've been reduced to watch the TV guide channel & waiting for it to scroll through the guide!! It's a real punch in the gut that's for sure!! Luckily my dear, sweet friend Savanna has been gracious enough to record a few of my main shows so I can get through Finale time!! Dear Sav-bless your soul!!!! It's gonna be touch & go for awhile but hopefully I'll make it through this difficult transition!!!

2 comments:

Savanna said...

Now you know how we felt! Except we had a lot more channels than you! But I hated waiting for TV Guide channel to scroll, and then if I don't pay attention I would miss the channel... DANGIT! HA! Bless!

Loren said...

Oh my...how are you doing? Are you surviving without your DVR. That is rough! -Loren