Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Unfinished Project

“We’d actually deceived ourselves into thinking that a toy made out of tissue paper, glue and bamboo could some how close the chasm between us.”

-The Kite Runner


So I started this project with Jon Judy a couple months ago & was waiting til it was finished before I posted anything about it but let’s stop kidding ourselves-it’s not ever going to get finished. I thought this might have been a good project for us to work on together & that it might help fix our broken relationship. Not so much & we’re at a standstill on it. It’s gonna take more than this board made out of wood and glue to close the chasm between us. But here’s the pics of what got done just the same. Truth be told it would have been an awesome thing for my craft room.

Jon cutting the board to size



Still sizing!



See how I'm working!!



Still working!!



This is as far as we got on the board. It's also supposed to have corkboard pieces on it



Jon building the frame which he made from scratch!



The frame pieces



The finished frame. I have to say it's pretty spectacular & enormously big!!




Who knows if this will ever get finished. I guess time will tell. If it gets finished I'll post the finished product for all to see!!


Side note: The Kite Runner (where I got that quote from is a must read!!!)

1 comment:

Savanna said...

If you dont want it I will glady take it off your hands! I WANT IT FOR MY ROOM!