Sunday, July 12, 2009

4th Report!!!

Ok it's taken me a bit to get my 4th of July write up done but when you're popular like me life just doesn't allow the time to sit down & play on the computer!! 1st of all let me just say on a personal note that while most people base their lives around New Year's I seem to base mine on summer & the month of July in particular. Things just seem to happen to me in the summer months. I'm especially surprised this year as I look back at my life compared to last year & it just seems so different & sometimes I can't believe where the last year has taken me. Anyways.....Ok here we go folks my 4th of July!!

Me, Jenny & Strudel got up early & drove down to Logan to see my BFF Jared as he is heading to Iraq very soon & I just had to see him before he left! I met Jared coming up on 10 years ago when I was at Ricks! I can NOT believe it's been 10 years!! We were just kids when we met!!! Even though I don't get to see him as often as I would like to he is still one of my closest friends & knows me better than almost anybody! I'm sad that's he's going to be gone for the next year & I'm concerned that I'm going to have to have his wife Cheryl fill in if I were to get married in the next year while he's gone as Jared is supposed to be one of my bridesmaids-which would be fine as I adore Cheryl!!! Still I just want Jared to be there!! On a cheezy note (and cuz I am talking about the 4th of July) let me just say how proud I am of Jared for giving up his life in service of this country!

ok here's me, Jared & Jenny




Dear Jared-I just love you! Here's to 10 great years!!!



Bsically we just drove down there, ate lunch with Jared, snapped some pics, and then headed back home! I love little road trips like that!! After we got back to Idaho Falls we headed to the river to eat funnel cakes! That was our only purpose in going over there & at 1st we could NOT find the funnel cake stand!! I was pretty much devestated & close to tears! We walked all up & down the street looking for the funnel cakes & couldn't find them! I can't celebrated my independance without stuffing my fat face with funnel cake!! I almost resigned myself to settling for eating anything that was fried when out of nowhere that funnel cake stand appeared before us! It was right there the whole time! I haven't been so excited in quite a while!! Strudel had never even had a funnel cake before & almost dind't get one! We weren't having any of that nonsense!! Oh they were so delightful!!!

Here we are stuffing our fat faces!!





Holy crap I love funnel cake!!!!!!



After eating our delightful funnel cakes we headed out to the parents for their annual BBQ with all their crazy neighbors! I dind't take any pics of that-sorry folks! Whilst we were out there we had our Michael Jackson Memorial for Strudel! Me, Jenny, Strudel, my brother Geryk & my sis-in-law Heather headed over to one of the canals by the parents house & put little candles in these white paper bags & sent them floating down the canal while listening to "Will You Be There"-which I thought was a great song for the memorial.

Strudel sending the 1st bags down...



Dear Strudel why are you so sad?!?!



Us sending the rest of the bags down the canal







One of the bags caught fire part way down & I FREAKED!! I can just see the headline now "Five Local Idiots Set Town On Fire While Having A Michael Jackson Memorial"!!! I'd never live that down! But not to worry the bag sank pretty soon after & all was well!!



Here's the bags floating down the canal





The local idiots who had a memorial for Michael Jackson





Oh by the by-the doll we're holding is of course 1 of Strudel's Michael Jackson dolls & this 1 in particular played several MJ songs & had a different outfit for each song! I am so sure!!

Dear Michael Jackson why are you dead?!?!?

After the memorial me & Jenny headed to the river to watch the fireworks. This would be our last time to watch them together as Jenny & Boyfriend are mvoing to Ohio this week. Don't get me started! As we were waiting for the show to start it occured to me that the very 1st time Jenny & I ever hung out together was on the 4th of July, at the river, waiting for the fireworks 9 years ago & that now our last time together before she moved was on the 4th of July, at the river, waiting for the fireworks! That's crazy!! And tender!!!

Here we are! Dear Jenny-I love you & I'm going to miss you more than I can say!!



Holy freak this was a long post! But there you have it-my 4th of July report!! I look forward to next year's festivities & of course more funnel cake!!!!

1 comment:

Savanna said...

Look at you! What a great story. Keeping up with our lives gets so exhausting sometimes!