Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Holiday Dinner Part 2: The Food

I know everyone's been waiting anxiously for more pics & happenings from my holiday dinner. So we'll talk about the food & my next post will be the table setting...save the best for last! So I really wanted to be able to put on this whole dinner all by myself & pretty much I accomplished that! Go me!! I had everything so organized & planned out there was no way I could fail. what do people get so worked up over making Thanksgiving & Christmas dinners?! Yes it's a little stressful but if you're organized it's not a big deal. So the night before I decided to make the rolls so I could get that out of the way.

Really I made like 3 pans of these which was WAY too much but really can you have too many rolls!?




On the day of the dinner party I came home from church with a RANK headache. oh great I don't have time for this. I thought I could lay down for a bit before I had to start cooking but then my ever growing to-do list kept scrolling through my head so that didn't last long. First up I got the ham ready & put in the oven. I found a fabulous recipe from my cooking idol Paula Deen & knew I couldn't go wrong,

Cola basted ham! How festive does it look!? Every 1/2 hour you baste it with cola.





All Done! And it was tasty!!


Next I got the potatoes ready to be cooked at a later time. I was trying my hand at a sweet potato souffle. I've never cooked sweet potatoes before but after this amazing recipe I'll be using them more often!



Here it is all finished & it was SO tasty!!!



I had reminder after reminder on my phone of when to do everything so it was timed jsut perfectly....put potatoes on to cook.....put sweet potato souffle in the oven....assemble green bean casserole....get dressed.....put green bean casserole in the oven....touch up makeup...make stuffing....fill water pitchers....seriously it was that detailed. But it paid off cuz everything got done right on time!

The spread



Not to be all whatever but I pretty much ROCKED this dinner!!!!

No comments: