Tuesday, December 28, 2010

How Domestic!!

So you know how I love having fabulous dinner parties right? Well I've been trying to think of new fabulous foods to try out for said dinner parties plus I need to start eating better in general. So I got this amazing cookbook for Christmas. I've been eying it for awhile ever since I saw her on Oprah. And you know I have to do what Oprah says!



You NEED to get this book! There are so many great recipes in it & they're all healthy for you. She has you add some kind of bean or these vegetable purees to everything so you're getting your veggies & stuff without even knowing it. Genius!

So today I tried my 1st recipe...Pumpkin Ravioli. 1st you put a can of white beans (such as navy or the like), pumpkin puree (like you'd use for pie filling), ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese & garlic powder all in a food processor. I'm glad to have more uses for my food processor cuz I never use it.



Puree it all up & that's your filling. So easy & healthy!



Next line up some won ton wrappers


Add a tablespoon of the filling. Don't overfill them or it'll squish out the sides!


Wet the sides with an egg wash so they'll seal up & put another wrapper on top.


Drop 4 or 5 of them in boiling water for about 4 minutes. I found if you put too many in the pot all at once they tend to start sticking together.


The recipe calls for you to use a marinara sauce on top but I used just a traditional flavor spaghetti sauce cuz it's what I had in the cupboard. top with sauce & a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese (my own addition)& enjoy! It is delicious!!


I wanted to try this recipe out before I served it to people & since it's just me there were leftovers so I decided to see if they froze well to eat later. I placed the uncooked raviolis in Ziploc bags & threw them in the freezer.


If they freeze well then I'm going to make up a bunch more to have on hand. This is a great recipe & it was really easy!!! How domestic am I?! I'll report on further recipe experiments!

No comments: