Friday, May 16, 2008

Phone F-I-ASCO!!!!

Ok check it-I got a new phone the other day. I was very excited as I had had my current phone for 2 years and that’s ancient when we’re talking about electronics!!! I get the new phone and all is well and then the next day it just stops working! I couldn’t send or receive calls and txt messages. What the crap!? So I called tech support and they try resetting everything and it starts working again and then a few minutes later it’s not working anymore. Tech support can’t figure it out so they tell me to take it back to the store I got it from and have them swap it out for a new one. So I drive ALL the way across town and of course the store is closed! So I have no phone! No one can call me and I can’t call anyone else! So I head over to the other Verizon store and they’re still open (why both stores don’t have the same hours is beyond me!!). So this kid is trying to help me and he gets on with tech support and they do all the same resetting stuff and it comes back on and dials out and he thinks he’s fixed it. Ok kid I already said it’ll come back on and then go back down-what aren’t you getting about that?!!? Sure enough it craps out again. So he decides he’s just going to swap it out for a new one but of course he needs the box my other one came in and all that crap so I have to go ALL the way back to my house and ALL the way back to the store. He swaps out the phones and transfers all my #s and would you believe the new phone was doing the exact same thing!!! I could not believe!! So we’re on with tech support AGAIN and they are a bunch of retards!!! I thought this kid in the store was gonna reach thru the phone and strangle the tech support girl!!! if I hear you guys say “oh that’s weird” once more I swear!!! He says to me “I hope you didn’t have plans tonight.” To which I respond “well I wouldn’t know since I can’t use my damn phone!!” I was in that stupid store for an hour and a ½!!! Finally the phone starts working and we wait a bit to make sure it’s still working before I leave. We made several calls and such and everything appears to be ok so I head out. Just in case he tells me that if it craps out again I can call tech support and have them transfer me back to my old phone and use that for the night. So I head home and of course by the time I get home the phone stops working AGAIN!! So I grab my old phone and the new one and of course I now have to use someone else’s phone to call tech support AGAIN!! Of course Tamara’s not home and of course my BFF neighbors aren’t home so I knock on the next door neighbors door and ask to use their phone and the guy looks at me like I’m high AS I’M STANDING THERE HOLDING 2 PHONES IN MY HAND!!!! This guy has Verizon too so it was wanting his phone info and password and crap so that wasn’t working. Just then my BFF neighbors roll up so I go to their house and use their phone and I’m on the phone with Verizon for like a ½ hour!! They transfer me back to my other phone and the guy says that he’s putting all this in the notes on my account so when I go to the store they can situate me blah blah blah and I say to him “are you also putting in your notes that you’re giving me something free for all my troubles???” so he knocks some money off my bill and gives me a bunch of extra minutes and txts-all in all about $40 worth. Nice!!! So I was back to my old phone. So now I have to take my 2nd new phone back to the store today and get it situated. I just want my new phone!! Why must everything be so hard!?!?! Good grief!!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

That wasn't GOOD grief.

Beth Benson said...

i'm not going to lie, that sucks that you had to go through all that, but it was a really amusing post to read :)

Just found you from kristys blog :)