Thursday, May 22, 2008

Project!!!!

So I’ve had my big girl bed for like 4 years now and straight up-it’s ugly!! I have been wanting to paint it since I got it but #1 you know I don’t like to get dirty and #2 you know I need some help & supervision!!! So I finally found someone foolish and/or bored enough to help me/do most of the work for me!!! I suckered my buddy Jon into helping (probably with promises if ice cream or free dinner-you know how boys are!!) So we started this project on Tuesday night and apparently I was hopped up on paint fumes before we even started and totally forgot to take a before picture. I’m so ashamed!!!! Now no one will appreciate how ugly my bed was before, but just trust me it was! Also I never noticed before that the posts on the foot board kind of look like bowling pins!!! Random!! So check it: I decided I was totally gonna get in there and get my hands dirty and that’s just what I did!! I even took the bed apart all by myself!!! After sanding the crap out of it (ok it really wasn’t that big of deal but it makes for a better story so go with me on it!) we started priming and soon realized that we didn’t buy enough primer. After going to 2 different stores to get everything we needed we got down to business. We worked till way past my bed time but got a lot done the 1st night. By the time I got home I was disgusting!!! For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to wear flip flops so my feet were covered in dust and paint and they were nast!! My hands were totally covered in paint and my clothes were ridiculous!!! I was gross!! So since my bed frame was getting worked on I just had my mattresses on the floor in my room and had to sleep on them like that. I don’t know why but it has really put me off. Weird right?! Last night I managed to pull it together and brought my camera. We finished priming the headboard and I wasn’t paying attention to the way my spray can was facing and sprayed my own self with primer!! Nice right!!! My hand was covered in it!!

So here’s a couple pics so far-mostly just to show everyone that I was actually working!!

This is the headboard after we finished priming it



Check me out sportin Jon’s greazy old sweatshirt. Now if that’s not hot I don’t know what is!!!



See how I was actually working and getting my hands dirty!?!?! Crazy talk!!!



And here’s Jon-probably re-painting something I messed up! He was a little put off with the picture taking but he wants to be on my blog so I don’t know why he’s frontin!!

No comments: